Awaken Your Beauty: PRP/PRF Under Eye Injections at Colorado Beauty RN
Why You Need It:
- Platelet Rich Plasma / Fibrin injections involve drawing a small amount of the patient's blood, which is then processed to isolate and concentrate platelets and growth factors.
- Then, it is injected strategically into the under eye region to stimulate collagen, tighten the skin, improve skin texture, and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is produced from your blood. It is a concentration of platelets, which circulate through your blood and are critical for blood clotting. Platelets and the liquid plasma portion of the blood contain many factors that are essential for cell recruitment, multiplication, and specialization.
Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) is one of the most natural ways to induce collagen. Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) is second-generation PRP platelets, and leukocytes are present to accelerate the healing of soft and hard tissue.
- Performed by aesthetic injectors who will keep you looking natural and refreshed.
What to Expect:
- This treatment requires us to draw your blood; stay hydrated 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Injections may feel like a light pinching sensation or pressure. Most patients report a 2 out of 10 level of discomfort.
- Bruising can occur.
- 60 minutes
Frequency of Treatment:
- PRP / PRF Under Eye injections are best in a series of 3 treatments, spaced out every 4-6 weeks. Then, repeat 1 treatment yearly for optimal results.
- You may experience redness, tenderness, swelling, and bruising for a few days. Most people are comfortable with their appearance and are happy to leave the clinic and resume normal activities.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort.
- You may apply ice wrapped in a cloth to help reduce swelling.
- Anytime a needle is introduced to the skin, there is a possibility of bruising. You may apply Arnica topically or take Arnica tablets orally to help decrease the amount of bruising.
- Avoid aerobic and strenuous exercise for the rest of the day to minimize bruising.
- Do not wear makeup the rest of the day.
- Avoid touching treated areas for the rest of the day.
- Wash the area with a gentle cleanser before bed. Use a fresh pillowcase.